Things I do that aren't academic
- Assorted WordPress templates
Het Oostblokboek, Media of Tomorrow, various other sites that are private or no longer online
eSports viewer numbers and rankings
Google Chrome extension (no longer maintained)
Long-running Jazz Jackrabbit fansite; CMS coding
- DTP and design work for various student magazines
Offline publications, mostly
Web-based WhatsApp client (no longer works since WA changed its protocol)
Texts I've written (that are academic)
- "Stay Connected: A genealogical investigation of the history of social network technologies"
Master Thesis, September 15 2013
- "The IRC Paradigm: An alternative approach for alternative social networks"
Research report, May 08 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Open source alternative social networks: empowering users or same old?"
Website article, Apr 25 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Beyond distributed and decentralized: what is a federated network?"
Website article, Mar 19 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Flying under the radar: digital dissidence through cypherpunk means"
Paper, Jan 25 2013, "Technopolitics: Networks and Spaces"
- "Power Law gone topsy-turvy: The darknet"
Essay, Jan 11 2013, "Technopolitics: Networks and Spaces"
- "The protocol of pretense: magic markers in multiplayer online arena games"
Paper, Nov 16 2012, "Game Studies"
- "The beauty of the byte: towards an aesthetic model of demoscene intros"
Paper, Nov 7, 2012, "Software Studies: Code and Images". Published in New Media Magazine #7: Digital Visual Culture 2.
- "Utopieën worden steeds cyberder: Cyberspace als utopisch platform"
Collaborative Bachelor Thesis, Aug 15, 2012
- "Het leven als reis door de ruimte: Representatie van spatial narratives in het tijdperk van de phoneur"
Final Bachelor Thesis, Jun 22, 2012